This position reports to the Director of Athletics and carries responsibility for all aspects of a competitive Division III Men’s Soccer program including but not limited to: planning and executing all practices, game day coaching; recruitment of qualified student-athletes; scheduling; budget management; fundraising activities; and adhering to all NCAA, Conference, and College rules. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is required. Additional administrative duties will be assigned.
- Conduct practices and games
- Enforce departmental policies and team rules as to travel and conduct both on and off the field
- Supervise and evaluate Assistant Coaches
- Maintain liaison with college and athletic administrators, trainers, strength, and conditioning coaches and sports information directors as appropriate for a head coach
- Maintain communication with faculty liaison
- Attend monthly College All-Staff meetings, athletic staff meetings as scheduled, weekly athletic logistics meetings, other special college meetings as announced, and Conference meetings
- Adhere to all regulations of the College, Centennial Conference, and NCAA
- Demonstrate success in the recruiting of student athletes who meet both the academic and athletic standards of Haverford College and its Men’s Soccer Program
- Operate within a budget that covers all operational costs of the program. Additional team fundraising activities, as approved by the Athletic Director, may be overseen to supplement special team gear and/or trips.
- Represent Haverford at all times in a professional manner including dealings with officials and opposing coaches
- Maintain continued and consistent communication with alumni
- Schedule all non-conference opponents in a manner that meets both budgetary and competitive goals
- Support community service programs for student athletes
Line of Report: The Head Men’s Soccer Coach reports to Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of college soccer coaching and recruiting experience
- USSF “B” license or better or United Soccer Coaches Diploma National or better