Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach for the Women’s soccer team will be responsible for the overall administration of the Women’s Soccer program. It is his/her responsibility to foster and encourage the goals of student-athletes, stress the elements of sportsmanship and fair play, and do so with the mission of Barton College, Conference Carolinas and the NCAA.
• To conduct the sport program according to all College, Conference Carolinas, and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards for financial aid, eligibility, and recruiting. • To prepare and operate within the sport budget and follow purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the College.
• To successfully pass the NCAA Division II Coaches Education Modules. (yearly)
• To recruit quality student-athletes while meeting roster goals for both the varsity and developmental teams • To schedule, conduct, and supervise all team practice sessions
• To complete game schedules with confirmed travel arrangements for both the varsity and developmental teams.
• To assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of pre-participation forms and medical exams
• To foster a culture of compliance within the team and report any NCAA rules violations, injuries or accidents involving student-athletes, and misconduct of student- athletes.
• To provide administrative paperwork to sport administrator or NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required
• To work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration and to engage in public relations activities and to promote Barton College and the sport program in a positive manner.
• To perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience: Masters preferred; Bachelors required. Collegiate playing experience and coaching experience preferred. Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license. Experience and knowledge of Soccer training with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy. Experience and knowledge of NCAA legislation.
• Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed
• Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license
• Experience and knowledge of Soccer training with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy
• Experience and knowledge of NCAA legislation
• Strong oral and written skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and adequate computer skills
• High ethical standards and ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Wilson, NC 27893: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Barton College is a four-year, private, liberal arts college located in Wilson, N.C. The Barton Experience focuses on academic excellence within a wide range of professional and liberal arts programs leading to baccalaureate and graduate degrees, including master's degrees.