The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic leaning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that is unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. Located in Kenosha, WI between Chicago and Milwaukee, the campus is nestled on 700 acres of woodland and prairie, two miles west of Lake Michigan. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The graduate assistant men’s soccer coach will report directly to the Men’s Soccer Head Coach and will gain experience assisting with all aspects of a Division II men’s soccer program. The ideal candidate will have experience as a student-athlete, manager, and/or coach in a college soccer program. Bachelor’s degree required.
1. Planning and execution of practice.
2. Player development
3. Opponent scouting
4. Film breakdown
5. Recruitment of student-athletes
6. Travel and operational logistics
7. Organizing camps and clinics
8. Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
9. Consistently demonstrate a positive team player attitude, building and maintaining professional working relationships with all departmental staff, including but not limited to the athletics administration, the sports medicine department, support staff, and other department coaches.
10. Represent the athletics department through collaboration with a variety of campus groups.
11. Represent the athletics department appropriately and intentionally through community involvement, speaking engagements, media responsibilities, etc.
12. Represent UW-Parkside as appropriate with the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) and the NCAA.
13. Consistent with NCAA Bylaw 11 and institutional procedures, Coach understands and agrees that if Coach is found in violation of any NCAA or Conference Legislation or fails to report a violation, he/she shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Internal Number: 17103
University of Wisconsin Parkside is Wisconsin's only NCAA Division II member institution and is a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC).