1. Acts as Assistant Coach for a particular athletic team.
2. Acts as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach. Make independent decisions, using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the student-athletes and the university at all times.
3. Active in the entire recruitment process. Research and identify prospective student-athletes and make recommendations to the head coach regarding those potential student-athletes in consideration for acceptance with a specific team. Target potential student-athlete populations, formulate a plan to attract those student-athletes to the school, and initiate recruiting trips.
4. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and total well being of the athletic program.
5. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and preparation of practice and game plans, and the implementation of strength and conditioning schedules.
6. Monitors the academic progress of student-athletes to comply with NCAA and Sunshine State policy, and take appropriate action.
7. Represents the university and the department in community events.
8. To be responsible and abide fully with the NCAA's constitution, operating bylaws and administrative bylaws for the purpose of compliance, and which will be part of an employee's performance evaluation criteria.
10. Other duties as assigned by the athletic administration, head coach or Athletic Director.
Equivalent combination of education and experience to equal three (3) years.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one (1) year playing and/or coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
USSF C or equivalent
Additional Salary Information: 12-month salary
Internal Number: 499889
About Nova Southeastern University
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.