1. Act as assistant coach for the men's soccer athletic team.
2. Act as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach. Make independent decisions, using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the student-athletes and the university at all times.
3. Active in the entire recruitment process. Research and identify prospective student-athletes and make recommendations to the head coach regarding those potential student-athletes in consideration for acceptance with a specific team. Target potential student-athlete populations, formulate a plan to attract those student-athletes to the school, and initiate recruiting trips
4. Assist head coach and be fully involved in the organization and total well being of the athletic program.
5. Assist head coach and be fully involved in the organization and preparation of practice and game plans, and the implementation of strength and conditioning schedules.
6. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes to comply with NCAA and Sunshine State policy, and take appropriate action.
7. Represent the university and the department in community events.
8. Other duties as assigned by the athletic administration and head coach.
9. To be responsible and abide fully with the NCAA's constitution, operating bylaws and administrative bylaws for the purpose of compliance, and which will be part of an employee's performance evaluation criteria.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Bachelor's Degree Minimum one (1) year playing and/or coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level
Additional Salary Information: Full Time with Full Benefits
Internal Number: 499888
About Nova Southeastern University
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.