REPORTS TO: Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director
*Salary reflects 2019/2020 Fiscal Year
The Head Men’s Soccer Coach is responsible for supporting Middlesex County College’s vision, mission and strategic objectives and is accountable for the management and supervision of the Soccer program and its participating student athletes and staff. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Head Men’s Soccer Coach monitors the academic and athletic performance of student-athletes to ensure success and compliance with NJCAA and College policies and procedures.
1. Recruits and maintains the appropriate number of student athletes to be able to compete at the highest level within NJCAA and Region XIX.
2. Promotes the Soccer program and Middlesex County College in the community and high schools, including the recruitment of student athletes for the College’s soccer team.
3. Schedules, conducts, supervises team practice sessions, and assists with the program scheduling.
4. Provides individual and team instruction, skill development and techniques, conditioning and preparation and learning opportunities for the soccer team and its members.
5. Monitors team members' academic progress and performance and make referral to appropriate College office and services to enhance student's academic success.
6. Assists with athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical examinations for practice and team eligibility.
7. Provides media information for the promotion, publicity and recognition of the soccer team including interviews, player profiles, team statistics and publications.
8. Reports any incidents of player injury, misconduct, disruptive behavior, and travel/transportation accidents.
9. Coordinates Fall season and off-season soccer team activities, including strength training, academic support, and referrals.
10. Attends Open Houses, Monthly Coaches Meetings, Annual Staff/Coaches Retreat, and Athletic Banquets.
11. Responsible for team fundraising projects and other programs sponsored by the department.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate's degree
· Three to five years high school or collegiate soccer coaching experience
· Recruiting experience
· CPR/AED or First Aid Certification (able to obtain upon hire)
· Valid Driver's License
· Bachelor's degree
· Knowledge of NJCAA and NCAA academic requirements and regulations
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
SCHEDULE: Nights/weekend work required, flexible hours throughout the year
About Middlesex County College
The mission of Middlesex County College is to provide access to a quality, affordable education for a diverse population, to support student success for lifelong learning, and to strengthen the economic, social and cultural life of the community.