This position reports to the Director of Athletics and is a NCAA Division II intercollegiate Women’s Soccer program in compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating the successful recruitment of prospective student-athletes, academic support, skill instruction, practice/game planning and execution, and the primary supervision of the program.
1. Coach a competitive Women’s Soccer program which meets annually established goals in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among athletes and ensures compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Recruit outstanding student athletes to participate in the athletic program that fit the academic profile of the institution and are good citizens on campus and in the community.
3. Enthusiastically promote Minot State University academic and athletic programs to potential students, parents, guidance counselors and media. Ensure that players associated with the Women’s Soccer program are eligible under NCAA DII and Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference regulations.
4. Effectively prepare, submit, and oversee sound budgets. Ensure expenditures remain within budgets.
5. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to ensure that equipment is issued and retrieved on a timely basis and facilities and students are scheduled appropriately to ensure smooth practices and home events.
6. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to effectively contribute to monitoring student athlete academic progress, encouraging high standards, and counseling the University athlete as appropriate.
7. Share the Minot State University vision, and promote public awareness of Minot State University, its Women’s Soccer program, athletics, and academics, with emphasis on public relations. Participate enthusiastically in fundraising efforts.
8. Effectively supervise assistant coaches, student athletes, and student assistants to result in a competitive, ethical program.
9. Effectively recruit, hire, evaluate and motivate employees, ensuring that hiring and supervisory practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of EEO/AA and other policies contained within the University’s employee and policy manuals.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree, Master’s preferred, and significant coaching experience in either a professional or University environment. Five years’ experience coaching in a competitive Women’s Soccer program preferred.
Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A thorough understanding of, and experience with, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations is required. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate University coaches and athletes is critical; organizational, budget and management skills are imperative.
The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position has non-standard hours and requires the ability to travel with a substantial time commitment during the fall and the spring. A criminal history background check is required prior to employment.
Review of apllicants will continue until the position is filled. To apply please visit: https://www.minotstateu.edu/hr/jobs.shtml?category=2150+Athletics%7CCoaches
About Minot State University
Located in north central North Dakota, Minot State University is a place where east meets west. Nestled on the northern edge of the Mouse River Valley, the campus stands at the heart of the "Magic City."
The city of Minot - nicknamed the "Magic City" for its phenomenal growth during the early 1900s - is a regional center for commerce, culture, healthcare, agribusiness and industry. Minot is home to Minot Air Force Base and is a key service provider in the burgeoning Bakken oil play that's made North Dakota's economy one of the strongest in the United States.
Vision 2013 is the map that navigates the success of MSU. Offering more than 60 undergraduate majors and several graduate degrees, we've positioned ourselves to meet growth in fields such as criminal justice, education, management, nursing, social work, the sciences, energy economics and finance and management information systems. Graduates from our master's program in speech-language pathology are highly sought after.
We provide students an exceptional education at one of the most affordable prices in the nation. We are committed to individual student success: with a student-teacher ratio of 14:1, class sizes are opti...mal for hands on learning. We encourage student involvement in research; we emphasize campus and community engagement; and our strong athletic programs participate in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference in the NCAA Division II.
MSU is an international campus, with students from 28 countries - many from Canada. Most U.S. students hail from North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota. Nearly all 50 states and several Native American tribes are represented in our student body and on our faculty. In return, we have a strong study abroad program allowing MSU students to study nearly anywhere in the world.
Minot State University: A place to have the experience of a lifetime.