Job Summary: This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach in all phases of our NCAA Division III men’s soccer program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Functions: In collaboration with the Head Men’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes.
- Communicates and networks with high school and club coaches
- Adhere to all Department, University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist in player development
- Assist with scheduling and travel planning
- Assist the Head Coach with all game day responsibilities
- Coach the varsity reserve team
- Assist with all phases of Marian Men’s Soccer Camps
- Assist in Athletic Department and Soccer Program fundraising campaigns
- Assist in scouting future opponents including video analysis
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by Head Men’s Soccer Coach or Director of Athletics
- Able to demonstrate professional development in coaching, collegiate level game knowledge, and a passion for teaching
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Candidate must demonstrate great organizational skills in addition to writing and computer skills, interpersonal communication skills, and leadership abilities
- Experience with “recruiting software” preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach’ in the subject line of the email.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.
About Marian University
Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts community that welcomes diverse spiritual traditions. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, Marian University engages students in the education of the whole person. We embrace justice and compassion and transform lives for professional service and leadership in the global community.